Delivering Hospitality Insurance & Loss Prevention, Legal, and Safety News to Your Inbox

June 2019's Converge Newsletter
Avoiding a Foodborne Fiasco
food poisoning concept
June 25, 2019 via ConvergeBlog

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 48 million people or 1 in 6 Americans experience a foodborne illness every year as a result of consuming contaminated food or drink and roughly 128,000 people in the US are hospitalized due to foodborne illness. There are many different pathogens or disease causing microbes that can cause illness. Currently, there are 250 known pathogens that are responsible for 20% of the reported foodborne cases and the root cause of the remaining 80% of all cases are many unknown pathogens. Additionally, chemical contaminates such as pesticides can cause foodborne illness.

Rimkus Consulting Group's ConvergeBlog
Follow Our Blog

Keep up with the latest and dive into all areas of hospitality news through our converge blog with new articles posted each week

Hospitality Law 5th Edition Cover
Purchase Textbook

Hospitality Law: Managing Legal Issues in the Hospitality Industry is a practical approach to hospitality law

See What's New
cyber crime concept
Preventing Cybercrime

June 22, 2019 via ConvergeBlog
In addition to being annoying, computer pop-ups or notifications are often the first step a cyber-criminal uses to victimize unsuspecting users. Be cautious of any notification or pop-up messages.
data security concept: two blue locks, one red lock
Hospitality Case Review: The Top 100+ Hospitality Cases That Impacted Us in 2018

June 20, 2019 via ConvergeBlog

Indeed, recent experience shows that the way a company responds to a breach is more likely to cause reputational harm than the breach itself.
Severe Weather Business Continuity Planning
June 15, 2019 via ConvergeBlog

Severe thunderstorms are volatile weather systems that can result in serious damage to business and residential infrastructure. Depending on the strength and weather conditions a thunderstorm produces, prolonged disruptions to transportation and utility networks and business operations are possible.
Copyright © 2018, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at

Our mailing address is:
2450 Louisiana, Ste. 400-416
Houston, TX 77006

The articles included in this newsletter are subject to's Terms Of Use.


Email Marketing by ActiveCampaign